Is this your next role?
Sales Development Representative
Alpharetta, GA or Virtual
WorkLLama is a SaaS (Software as a Service) talent community platform that helps companies to optimize and amplify their brand experience to their talent and create powerful employee and candidate experiences. Its technology makes it possible to foster meaningful, more human connections with talent, leading to exceptional and inspired workforces that fuel business success.
As a sales development representative, your work focuses on outbound sales strategy. You confidently share product or service information with outside prospects. Sales development representatives need to be highly organized. You’ll spend a lot of time making phones calls and preparing lists. Lead generation is your main responsibility, moving leads through a sales pipeline. A sales development representative identifies challenges and provides practical solutions to prospects. You provide positive insights as a product knowledge specialist.
You work for a diverse range of people and industries. Your main function is to be a driven problem solver, identifying potential clients. Building relationships with prospects will be the central part of your job. You must have impeccable communication skills, as well as being focused on lead generation and strategic outreach. It is likely that a company will require you to have some college education and experience in the communication or lead generation fields.
To that end, it is a welcoming and supportive culture here. We treasure authentic diversity, prioritize inclusion, and make sure there’s room at the table. Together, we ask hard questions. We abandon the way things have always been done. We experiment, test new ideas and help each team member grow. Because being people-first with our product means being people-first at the office. That’s where you come in.
To be successful as a sales development representative you should be able to build instant rapport and achieve customer satisfaction. A top sales development representative should also be very competitive and a good listener.
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls and receiving inbound leads from potential customers, and following up on opportunities.
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers’ questions and sending additional information per email.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates.
- Anticipate needs by studying services and conducting market research to identify new leads.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.Explaining and demonstrating features of products and services.
- Staying informed about competing products and services.
- Upselling products and services.
- Researching and qualifying new leads.
- Collaborate with sales teams by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to each weekly sales meeting.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
- Researching prospects for contact information, company updates, intent to purchase combined with the outbound efforts of inside sales.
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- 2-5+ years of related SaaS sales experience
- Previous experience in an outbound call center or a related sales position preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as Zoho or Salesforce.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent phone and cold calling skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong listening and sales skills.
- Ability to achieve targets.
Comprehensive benefits built to help you feel appreciated, supported and energized.
- All-inclusive Healthcare
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Team Discounts
- Events & Outings
Send us an email with the job title in the subject line, a brief message about why you’re a great fit for this role, and attach your resume as a PDF or DOC.